Hair extensions are a common practice among a wide variety of people. However, many people consider wearing human hair extensions an extravagance suited only for the elite walking on the red carpet. There is no truth in these claims. Hair extensions gives shinier and thicker look that not only looks amazing but also gives more confidence. While mainly cosmetic, there are many reasons why women chose to apply hair extensions to their natural hair. From health concerns to a serious need for a new look, we bring you the top ten reasons why people wear hair extensions.
- Many people find that their hair is flat, dull, thin, limp and lifeless. Hair extensions will add fullness and luster to your tresses. You can achieve celebrity-like hair when you add hair extensions to your natural tresses.
- Others can’t seem to get their hair to grow, no matter how long they wait or how many trims they have. Hair extensions are the easy way to add body and length to your natural hair. Hair extensions add volume and thickness to your own hair easily, without constant upkeep.
- Want to play around with color but don’t want to commit to anything permanent? Women who frequently dye, highlight, bleach, or chemically treat their hair know that these procedures take their toll on one’s hair. Every once in a while, it’s good to give your head a break. Hair weaves are a fashionable way to wait out chemically damaged hair.
- Imagine having long, smooth, sleek and chic hair one month, to fun and frisky tight ringlets curls the next. Sound appealing to you? Hair extensions are a non-committal form of testing out various styles and colors. Test a color or style out for a few weeks, and if you don’t like it, try a new one just a short while later.
- It’s a fact of life that people experience, uneven growth, hair loss, early balding or thinning of the hair.
- In the same vein, medical procedures don’t have to claim your appearance or your sense of attractiveness. Hair weaves offer a helpful alternative for those having chemotherapy treatment and alopecia patients, as well as other medical complications resulting in temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Running late…again? Hair extensions are also great for those who just don’t have the time to style their hair every day. Whether it’s looking presentable at work or getting dolled up for a night out, hair extensions make the process a snap.
- We all have had ‘one of those haircuts’ and bad coloring episodes. Hair extensions can help out while you’re waiting for natural hair to grow in after unsuccessful coloring attempt or bad cut. With hair extensions, a woman can experience long and full beautiful hair immediately
- Any costume is enhanced with a funky hairstyle. Hair extensions can be applied in real or fantasy colors, the latter make great for costume party additions.
- Lastly, have an important event or a close friend or relative’s wedding coming up? Treat yourself to an elegant style for a special occasion, holiday, or event with the use of hair extensions.
Precaution should be taken when choosing extensions, an installation method and stylist to ensure you receive the best package and least potential for damage.